Brass Plaque № 11595 Photo

Brass plaque № 11595 - St Peter's Italian Church - 1863. In 1845 St. Vincent Pallotti a R.C. priest and founder of the S.A.C. (Pallottine Fathers) thought of constructing a church in London for Italian immigrants. The Irish architect, Sir John Miller-Bryson modelled the church on the Basilica of San Crisogono in Trastevere - Rome.  It was to hold 3,400 people but was scaled down, at that time it was the only church in Britain in the Roman basilican style. It was consecrated on the 16th April 1863, as the

Brass Plaque № 11595 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

John Maria Gatti , Adelphi Theatre Restaurant, London, Agostino Gatti, And Rocco Joseph Stefano Gatt - Site of the Adelphi Theatre Restaurant owned by the Swiss-Italian Gatti family, restaurateurs, music hall, theatre and electricity supply entrepreneurs.  Sir John Gatti served as Lord Mayor of Westminster, 1911-12
Charles James Fox Blue Plaque - Charles James Fox 1749-1806 statesman lived here
The Football Association And Ebenezer Cobb Morley Black Plaque - The Football Association was formed on the proposal of Ebenezer Cobb Morley at the Freemasons' Tavern, which stood on this site. The modern game of football was born on this day. 26 October 1863