Slate Plaque № 11684 Photo

Slate plaque № 11684 - The Worshipful  Company of Plumbers    Ordinances 1365  Grant of Arms 1588    Between here and the river once was Chequer Yard  where for centuries stood the hall of the mysterie or  art of the plumbers of London. The first was destroyed  in the great fire of 1666. Rebuilt, it continued in use  until demolished to make way for the railway in 1863    The Company yet flourishes root and branch    In God is all our hope  1983

Slate Plaque № 11684 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Fowell Buxton And Edward Buxton Black Plaque - In this house 1840 - 1867 resided Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton and Edward North Buxton who took a prominent part in the preservation of Epping Forest for the use of the people The Women's section of the Borough of Leyton Ratepayers Association record their appreciation of that great service by this tablet. Erected August 19th 1930.
Paul De Lamerie Green Plaque - Paul de Lamerie 1688-1751 The King's Silversmith lived and worked in a house on this site 1738-1751
Plaque Blue Plaque - This plaque was installed 6th may 2010