Brown Plaque № 12891 Photo

Brown plaque № 12891 - Historic Southwark  Here was 'Stones End' where Town Street met the old Turnpike Road.  One of the Parliamentary Forts erected to defend London during the Civil War stood here.

Brown Plaque № 12891 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Crutched Friar Brushed Metal Plaque - The Crutched Friar gets its name from an order of Mendicant Friars, The "Fratres Crusiferi" who first arrived in England in 1244 in the Diocese of Rochester.  They established nine houses in England, the first at Colchester founded in 1245, and settled in London at Tower Hill in 1249 where they gave their name to the locality.
Winston Churchill Blue Plaque - Sir Winston Churchill KG 1874-1965 Prime Minister lived and died here
Frederick Winsor Green Plaque - Frederick Winsor  1763-1830  gave the world's first  demonstration of street  lighting by coal gas,  from a retort  located here  June 1807