The Clink Brown Plaque Photo

The Clink brown plaque - Clink Prison. The Clink Prison is the name given to all the prisons that have stood on a number of sites in this vicinity. The first prison in 1127 was a cellar in the Palace of the Bishop of Winchester, and the last was in Deadman's Place (Park Street). The prison held Protestant and Catholic religious martyrs at various times. It was closed in 1780, when it was burned by the anti-Catholic Gordon rioters.

The Clink Brown Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques