Black Plaque № 30190 Photo

Black plaque № 30190 - The Glaziers Hall. The land in this area formed part of the site of the cloisters of the Church of St Mary Ouverie, now Southwark Cathedral. After the dissolution of the monasteries in 1540 it was sold and eventually bought by the Hays Wharf Company who built a three-storey warehouse here during the Napoleonic wars. A Georgian facade was added in 1830 and two more floors. The building was leased to the

Black Plaque № 30190 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Will Hay Blue Plaque - Will Hay 1888-1949 comic actor and astronomer lived here 1927-1934
Eyre Massey Shaw Blue Plaque - Sir Eyre Massey Shaw 1830-1908 first Chief Officer of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade lived here 1878-1891
Black Plaque № 11371 - Boundary Stone    This stone marks the boundary between St. Mary's parish, Rotherhithe and St. Paul's parish, Deptford. Until 1899 this was also the Kent - Surrey boundary. The stone was on a bridge over the Earl Creek nearby, but was relocated here in 1988.