Christopher Wren Grey Plaque Photo

Christopher Wren grey plaque - The church of St Dunstan in the East stood on this site from ancient times. Sir Christopher Wren rebuilt the church after the Great Fire of 1666 and the only part of his design which survivies is the tower. The remainder of the church was rebuilt in 1817 and destroyed by enemy action in 1941. This garden was created by the Corporation of London and opened by the RT. Hon. The Lord Mayor Sir Peter Studd. on 21st June 1971.

Christopher Wren Grey Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

John Wesley And Charles Wesley Blue Plaque - West Street Chapel 1700 leased by Methodists 1743-1798. WMHS John and Charles Wesley preached here frequently
William Curtis Blue Plaque - In a house on this site  lived  William Curtis  botanist  B. 1746-D.1799
Sake Dean Mahomed And Hindoostane Coffee House Green Plaque - Site of Hindoostane Coffee House 1810 London's first Indian restaurant owned by Sake Dean Mahomed 1759-1851