Brown Plaque № 39254 Photo

Brown plaque № 39254 - Opened in 1912, Kew Gardens Station Footbridge is an early and rare British example of reinforced concrete, using a method pioneered by the French engineer François Hennebique. The bridge is remarkable for its high sides and for the curious projections extending over the railway lines. Both features were designed to protect pedestrians from the dirt of the railway's steam engines.

Brown Plaque № 39254 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Norman Parkinson Blue Plaque - Norman Parkinson CBE 1913-1990 photographer lived here 1919-1936
Francis Place Blue Plaque - Francis Place (1771-1854), political reformer, lived here 1833-1851.
William Frederick Yeames Blue Plaque - W. F. Yeames RA 1835-1918 artist lived here 1894-1912