Ambrose Godfrey Green Plaque Photo

Ambrose Godfrey green plaque - Ambrose Godfrey 1660-1741 Chemist and inventor of the fire extinguisher who lived at a house and worked at a laboratory and pharmacy on this site between 1706 and 1741

Ambrose Godfrey Green Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

William Wilberforce Blue Plaque - William Wilberforce and the Clapham Sect worshipped in this church. Their campaigning resulted in the abolition of slavery in the British Dominions 1833.
Tommy Steele Blue Plaque - "Bermondsey Boy" Tommy Steele 1975
Henry VIII Bronze Plaque - Here stood the Palace of Bridewell built by Henry VIII in 1523 and granted by Edward VI in 1553 to the City of London to house Bridewell Royal Hospital founded by Royal Charter in the same year.  The present building was erected in 1802 and in 1862 the court room of the Bridewell Royal Hospital was incorporated therein