John Richard Green Blue Plaque Photo

John Richard Green blue plaque - John Richard Green 1837-1883 Historian lived in a house on this site 1869-76

John Richard Green Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Black Plaque № 4972 - In these two houses on 2nd October 1882 Westfield College opened its doors for the higher education of women. It is now a College of the University of London with over 1000 students.
Frédéric Chopin Blue Plaque - From this house in 1848 Frederic Chopin 1810-1849 went to the Guildhall to give his last public performance
Pontefract Castle, London Bronze Plaque - Pontefract Castle. The 'Pontefract Castle' on Widmore St. (built between 1719 and 1746) got its name like many other buildings, streets and squares in Marylebone, they are named after the people who built up the area, the estates they held and their family titles.  The Duke of Newcastle had held Pontefract Castle in West Yorkshire for the King in 1642 during the English Civil War and it was John Cavendish Holles, Duke of Newcastle who had begun building the area in Marylebone in 1708.