William Barber Brown Plaque Photo

William Barber brown plaque - This building, designed by Ernest George & Peto, was built for Judge William Barber of Barrow Point House as a temperance tavern in 1878. Its tea - garden attracted visitors from London. It flourished until the late 1920s as Ye Cocoa Tree, then became the local Conservative club until the 1960s.

William Barber Brown Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Wilhelmina Blue Plaque - Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands had Her Secretariat in this house 1940-1945
Henry Cotton Blue Plaque - Henry Cotton 1907-1987 champion golfer lived here
Beaverbrook Foundation And Max Aitken Blue Plaque - A building of historic significance William & Mary period c1690-1700 grade II listed former home of the Beaverbrook Foundation, established by Lord Beaverbrook 1879-1964.