Plaque № 48781 Photo

plaque № 48781 - Bermondsey Abbey was founded in AD 1089 when King William Rufus granted the manor of Bemondsey to La Carite-sur-Loire,  Clunian monastery. There may have been a monastery here in Saxon times as a document of AD 715 refers to monasteries at Bermondsey and Woking.

Plaque № 48781 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Sid James Blue Plaque - Sid James  1913-1976  Comic Actor  Lived here  1956 - 1963
Laura Ashley And Bernard Ashley Green Plaque - Laura Ashley designer 1925-1985 began printing fabrics here with her husband, Bernard 1954-1956
Leyton Orient Football Club Blue Plaque - Leyton Orient Football Club - Established as Glyn Cricket Club in 1881 by former students of Homerton College and named Orient in 1888 after the shipping line. Renamed Clapton Orient in 1898, the O's moved to Brisbane Road in 1937 and the Club changed it's name to Leyton Orient after WWII