Nelson Lee Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

De Hems, London Bronze Plaque - De Hems was built in 1890 and originally called 'The Macclesfield'.  In the same year a retired Dutch sea captain called De Hem purchased the pub and reinvented it as an oyster bar.  He covered the interior walls of the building with them.  All 300,00 shells that had been collected were later transferred to the restaurant upstairs, which became known as the shell room.  During World War II the pub became a rendezvous point for the Dutch resistance.  The name of the pub was officially changed fro
H. G. Wells Brown Plaque - H. G. Wells  author  1866-1946  lived  and worked here  1930-1936
Thomas Hodgkin Blue Plaque - Thomas Hodgkin 1798-1866 physician, reformer and philanthropist lived here