Frederick Bremer Blue Plaque Photo

Frederick Bremer blue plaque - Frederick Bremer 1872 - 1941. Between 1892-1894 in a small workshop in the garden of this house, Fred Bremer and Tom Bates constructed the first British car powered by an internal combustion engine. In 1931 he donated it to Vestry House Museum where it can still be seen today

Frederick Bremer Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Brass Plaque № 11595 - St Peter's Italian Church - 1863. In 1845 St. Vincent Pallotti a R.C. priest and founder of the S.A.C. (Pallottine Fathers) thought of constructing a church in London for Italian immigrants. The Irish architect, Sir John Miller-Bryson modelled the church on the Basilica of San Crisogono in Trastevere - Rome.  It was to hold 3,400 people but was scaled down, at that time it was the only church in Britain in the Roman basilican style. It was consecrated on the 16th April 1863, as the "Church of St
Fortune Theatre And Edward Alleyn Blue Plaque - Good Master Edward Alleyn's Fortune Theatre stood on a site near here in 1600
Gustav Holst Blue Plaque - Gustav Holst  Composer  1874-1934  lived here  1908-1913