John Vanbrugh And C. J. Phipps Black Plaque Photo

John Vanbrugh and C. J. Phipps black plaque - Her  Majesty's  Theatre  In 1705 Sir John Vanbrugh  built the first of four theatres  on this famous site. The second  theatre, known variously as 'The King's' and 'Her Majesty's', was the home of  Italian Opera, while the present  theatre, designed by C J Phipps and  opened in 1897, remains a home for  major musicals

John Vanbrugh And C. J. Phipps Black Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Arnold Bennett Brown Plaque - Arnold Bennett author 1867-1931 lived, worked and died here 1930-1931
William III And Rotten Row Blue Plaque - WR III  Rotten Row  The King's Old Road completed 1690.  This ride originally formed part of King William III's carriage drive from Whitehall to Kensington Palace. Its construction was supervised by the surveyor of their Majesties roads Captain Michael Studholme and it was the first lamp-lit road in the Kingdom. Designated as a public bridleway in the 1730's, Rotten Row is one of the most famous urban riding grounds in the world.  ER II  1990
Newgate Blue Plaque - Site of Newgate   Demolished 1777