George Nissel Green Plaque Photo

George Nissel green plaque - George Nissel 1913-1982 Founder of G.Nissel & Co First independent UK contact lens laboratory Siddons Lane 1946

George Nissel Green Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Frances Buss Blue Plaque - Frances Mary Buss 1827-1894 pioneer of education for women was headmistress here 1879-1894
Henry Wellcome Blue Plaque - Sir Henry Wellcome 1853-1936 pharmacist, founder of the Wellcome Trust and Foundation lived here
Robert Dudley And Alienation Office Stone Plaque - In 1577 The Alienation Office was built here by Robert Dudley Earl of Leicester Master of the Office. His building was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. It was rebuilt by the Crown in 1668. In 1835 the Office was abolished by the Act 5 and 6 Will. IV. Cap. 82. In 1842 the building was bought from the Crown by the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple. The brick front as been renewed but otherwise this is the building of 1668.