Christopher Wren Green Plaque Photo

Christopher Wren green plaque - St Lawrence Jewry is so called because the original Twelfth Century Church stood on the Eastern side of the City, then occupied by the Jewish Community.  That Church, built in 1136, was destroyed in the Great Fire of London of 1666  The building which replaced it was designed by Sir Christopher Wren in 1680.  Almost completely destroyed by fire in 1940 this time as the result of action by the King's enemies it was restored in 1957 in the tradition of Wren's building.  St. Lawrence Jewry is now t

Christopher Wren Green Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Trinity House Blue Plaque - The Trinity House incorporated by Charter by Henry VIII in 1514  Trinity House is the general lighthouse authority for England, Wales and the Channel Islands  A deep sea pilotage authority and also administers charitable funds mostly connected with seafarers  The first Tinity House was at Deptford and then at Ratcliff and Stepney in the 16th and 17th centuries.  In 1660 Trinity House moved to Water Lane, off Eastcheap, the building being destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666 and subseque
Blue Plaque № 9679 - ARP depot Harrow Green School - In memory of the five local Civil Defence volunteers and the six man crew of the Vickers Wellington bomber X9905 who perished when the aeroplane crashed on this site on the night of February 10th 1942
Jacqueline Du Pré Blue Plaque - 1945-1987  Cellist  Jacqueline du Pré  lived here  1967-1971