Last updated 25th September 2018
Who we are
Changes to the policy
- We'll only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We'll be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we'll collect and use your information.
- If we collect your information for a particular purpose we'll only use it for that purpose, unless you've been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
- We won't ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we're collecting it.
- We'll update our records when you tell us that your details have changed.
- We'll periodically review your personal information to ensure we don't keep it for longer than is necessary.
- We'll ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We'll observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently.
- We'll train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We'll ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it's held.
Information we hold about you and how we'll use itYou may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on our website, corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes, for example, information you provide when you do any of the following:
- Register with us
- Contact us via SMS
- Apply for a guest list or book a table
- Request information about hiring an event space
- Apply for a job
- Claim an offer
- Signup for email alerts
- Signup for newsletters
- Request a call back or leave a voice mail
The information you give us may include:
- your name, your contact details, your date of birth, and your gender
Your decision to disclose your personal data is entirely voluntary, and by doing so, you are providing us with specific consent to use your personal data only in relation to the specific purposes for which you have disclosed it to us.
We may use this information:
- to monitor and improve our service offering to you
- to provide you with information that you have consented to receive
- to follow up to a recent enquiry
- to notify send you a requested newsletter
- to notify you of updates with services you signed up for
- as part of a recruitment process, when applicable
We will retain and process your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Passing on information about you to third parties
To operate effectively as a business we may need to pass your information on to selected and trusted third parties. Under no circumstances will we sell your personal information, including your email address. The third parties we may share information with are strictly:
- subsidiary companies
- third-party processors (i.e. Google Analytics; Login with Facebook)
- any third party to whom we may need to disclose personal information in order to comply with our legal, regulatory and statutory obligations. This may be as part of a legal process, (for example, in response to a court order or in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where they believe it's necessary). This could be to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety, property or rights of any person. It could also include non-compliance with our website rules, or as otherwise permitted
- any third party where you've given your consent (i.e. a restuarant where you have claimed an offer or applied for a job via our website)
Please be assured that when we outsource any processes we ensure that any supplier or contractor has adequate security measures in place. We'll also require them to comply with privacy principles as part of our contract with them.
Other third party websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing you with such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences caused by your use of them. Also, if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We don't accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Security and safe storage of your personal information
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure, so we can't guarantee security. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
Once we've received your information, we'll use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information supplied by you to us, or that we collect about you, may be transferred, and stored by us or contractors for the purpose of providing services to. By submitting personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We may monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us so that we can identify and take legal action against unlawful or improper use of our systems. The main examples of unlawful or improper use are attempting to impersonate ObtainLuxury Limited or our trading name forbidden.london; the transmission of computer viruses; and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working.
How can you access, correct your information and withdraw consent?
You may have the right to:
- request permanently erase all your personal data promptly, and confirms to you that we have done so (there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this)
- request restriction of processing of such information
- object to the processing of such information
- request a copy of such information
If you would like to request details about the information we may have about you please contact us.
In the unlikely event that you have concerns about the way we may handled your personal data and we have not been able to resolve the issue you may also contact the ICO to raise a complaint.
Cookies and other activity tracking technologies
When you visit this Website, we may set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree (or your browser agrees automatically if you have set it up in that way), your browser adds that text in a small file. With a cookie a website can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. For example, when you visit an electronic store, a cookie makes it easier to shop, by allowing you to place things into a shopping basket; the basket itself is not a cookie; the cookie is placed on your hard drive and keeps track of your basket versus others in use at the same time. Some of these cookies are set by 3rd party services (for example Google Analytics) on your computer, and those cookies may gather information from your activities on our Websites and 3rd party websites. 3rd party cookies are subject to their own privacy policies.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, or indeed any other website, or if you wish to receive notification of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how. Please be aware that declining or denying cookies may prevent you from being able to use the website to its highest capability.
We may collect your IP address, details of your browser or operating system in order to monitor the performance of our website; protect your security; protect the security of our website and prevent mis-use; serve you geographically relevant content; and/or improve your experience of our website.
This information will only be stored with personal information if you decided to register with us.
Comments and questions
You can send any queries and comments about this policy by email to [email protected]. Depending on your query, we may require further evidence of your identity in order to process your request. In the interests of confidentiality, such requests cannot be accepted from persons acting on your behalf.