Chancery Lane

Chancery Lane is a one-way street situated in the ward of Farringdon Without in the City of London. It has formed the western boundary of the City since 1994, having previously been divided between the City of Westminster and the London Borough of Camden.

The route originated as a 'new lane' created by the Knights Templar from their original 'old Temple' on the site of the present Southampton Buildings on Holborn, in order to access to their newly acquired property to the south of Fleet Street (the present Temple) sometime before 1161.

Read more about Chancery Lane on Wikipedia

Map showing the Chancery Lane featured on this page


Related Articles

There are currently no related articles in the Chancery Lane category.

Click here for more articles
about living a great life in London



Other Categories within the London Guide