Black Plaque № 41028 Photo

Black plaque № 41028 - The Ancient House was restored in 1934. The building at that time was very deformed and the 1934 repairs retained the building in its settled position. The 2001 restoration re-established the integrity of the timber frame and as such realigned many of the timers. The wall at ground level along Orford Road was built in 1934 to look as if it was deformed Tudor brickwork. This 1934 architectural conceit, which was executed superbly by the bricklayer, has been retained as part of the history of the

Black Plaque № 41028 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Gregory Gunne And Tyburn Convent Black Plaque - In 1585 Gregory Gunne predicted that one day a religious house would be founded at TYBURN.  His prediction was fulfilled when TYBURN CONVENT was established in 1903
John Betjeman Brown Plaque - Sir John Betjeman Poet Laureate attended school here c1911-1915
Karl Ghattas Blue Plaque - Karl Ghattas 1958-2007 Philosopher, Surgeon, Painter & Poet lived here  THE ARTIST IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE POET