Brown Plaque № 8585 Photo

Brown plaque № 8585 - Hoxton Hall  Built 1863 as a music hall.  Owned since 1863 by Bedford Institute.  The Society of Friends (Quakers)  Community activities  expanded from c 1894

Brown Plaque № 8585 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Marie Lloyd Blue Plaque - Marie Lloyd 1870-1922 music hall artiste lived here
F. F. E. Yeo-Thomas Blue Plaque - Wing Commander F. F. E. Yeo-Thomas GC  1902-1964 secret agent codename "The White Rabbit" lived here
Samuel Pepys Brown Plaque - St James's Church. A Georgian church on a medieval site. St. Mary's Nunnery church was built here in the 12th century. Henry VIII closed the nunnery in 1539, but the church continued as Clerkenwell parish church. Diarist Samuel Pepys came here to look at the local beauties. It was rebuilt in 1792 to the designs of James Carr, a local architect, and has a fine organ by George England Pike.