Plaque № 9648 Photo

plaque № 9648 - Essex County Cricket Club moved from Brentwood to Leyton in 1885 and remained here for nearly 50 years. The ground was the scene of the world record opening stand of 555 by Sutcliffe and Holmes in 1932

Plaque № 9648 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Lucie Rie Blue Plaque - Dame Lucie Rie 1902-1995 potter lived and worked here from 1939 until her death
Plaque № 8587 - Newington Green Church Built 1708, enlarged 1860.  Oldest non-conformist place of worship  in London, which is still in use.
Walter Crane Blue Plaque - Walter Crane  1845-1915  Artist  lived here