Christopher Wren Green Plaque Photo

Christopher Wren green plaque - St Lawrence Jewry is so called because the original Twelfth Century Church stood on the Eastern side of the City, then occupied by the Jewish Community.  That Church, built in 1136, was destroyed in the Great Fire of London of 1666  The building which replaced it was designed by Sir Christopher Wren in 1680.  Almost completely destroyed by fire in 1940 this time as the result of action by the King's enemies it was restored in 1957 in the tradition of Wren's building.  St. Lawrence Jewry is now t

Christopher Wren Green Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

William Pitt Blue Plaque - William Pitt the Younger 1759-1806 lived here 1803 to 1804
Dan Leno Blue Plaque - Dan Leno (1860-1904), music hall comedian, lived here 1898-1901.
George Cayley Black Plaque - George Cayley engineer & inventor established on this site the Royal Polytechnic Institution 1838-1839