James Murray Blue Plaque Photo

James Murray blue plaque - Sir James A. H. Murray schoolmaster, philologist and editor of the New English Dictionary lived here 1870-1885

James Murray Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Francis Bret Harte Blue Plaque - Francis Bret Harte  1836-1902  American writer  lived and  died here
Roger Bannister Blue Plaque - Sir Roger Bannister while a medical student at St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School from 1951-54, trained on the cinder track on this site in preparation for the first under 4 minute mile run in Oxford on 6th May 1954.
Charles Holden Brown Plaque - Chiswick Park station  Listed as a building of National Significance  Architect: Charles Holden, 1933  The station first opened on 1 July 1879 by the Metroploitan District Railway when the railway was extended from Turnham Green to Ealing Broadway.  The station was originally named 'Acton Green' and was renamed to 'Chiswick Park' on 1 March 1910.  The original station was demolished in 1931 to accommodate the new Piccadilly line tracks, although the Piccadilly line has never served this station,