Simon Worcnzow Stone Plaque Photo

Simon Worcnzow stone plaque - 1744 1832 This road was named after Count Simon Worcnzow Russian Ambassador to the United Kingdom from 1784 to 1806 He lived in Marylebone and on his death in 1832 left a bequest for the poor of the parish The money was used to build St Marylebone Almshouses at the south-west corner of this road

Simon Worcnzow Stone Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

John Vanbrugh And C. J. Phipps Black Plaque - Her  Majesty's  Theatre  In 1705 Sir John Vanbrugh  built the first of four theatres  on this famous site. The second  theatre, known variously as 'The King's' and 'Her Majesty's', was the home of  Italian Opera, while the present  theatre, designed by C J Phipps and  opened in 1897, remains a home for  major musicals
Elizabeth Barrett Browning Black Plaque - Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861) poet lived here
Toy Inn, London, Alexander Pope, William IV, Thomas Dunckerley, And 1 Other - The Site of the Toy Inn    An ancient Hostelry of Note    Built for Oliver Cromwell's Troops c, 1650  rebuilt c. 1700, demolished c. 1840, wherein Pope wrote the Rape of the Lock; the Duke of Clarence, afterwards William IV, formed & presided over his Toy Club; and Thomas Dunckerley founded the Masonic Lodge of Harmony 255 in 1785. The Lodge held here for 37 years, now erects this Tablet  July 1933