County Hall Blue Plaque Photo

County Hall blue plaque - The County Hall, the home of London government from 1922 to 1986. LCC 1889-1965. GLC 1965-1986

County Hall Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Pontefract Castle, London Bronze Plaque - Pontefract Castle. The 'Pontefract Castle' on Widmore St. (built between 1719 and 1746) got its name like many other buildings, streets and squares in Marylebone, they are named after the people who built up the area, the estates they held and their family titles.  The Duke of Newcastle had held Pontefract Castle in West Yorkshire for the King in 1642 during the English Civil War and it was John Cavendish Holles, Duke of Newcastle who had begun building the area in Marylebone in 1708.
London Transport Brown Plaque - Railway Heritage Feature    Underground Map of London (circa 1931)    The map was manufactured by The Chromographic Enamel Company in Wolverhampton, reputed to have been established in around 1885, and who were one of the largest manufacturers of enamel signs during the heyday of such advertising signs.    The map was originally located at the ‘Grade 2 Listed’ Ealing Common station and probably dates from the reconstruction of the station that was completed in 1932. It shows the various differen
Black Plaque № 9211 - Yard Office. This little building is one of the few which survive from the days of the Surrey Commercial Dock Co. It was erected in 1902 when the Greenland Dock was doubled in length. Nobody is sure what it was used for.