Black Plaque № 30190 Photo

Black plaque № 30190 - The Glaziers Hall. The land in this area formed part of the site of the cloisters of the Church of St Mary Ouverie, now Southwark Cathedral. After the dissolution of the monasteries in 1540 it was sold and eventually bought by the Hays Wharf Company who built a three-storey warehouse here during the Napoleonic wars. A Georgian facade was added in 1830 and two more floors. The building was leased to the

Black Plaque № 30190 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Evelyn Waugh Blue Plaque - Evelyn Waugh (1903-1966), writer, lived here.
James Stanhope Bronze Plaque - James Richard Stanhope  7th Earl Stanhope  K.G.,P.C., D.S.O., M.C.  1880 - 1967  First Chairman of Trustees of the National Maritime Museum  1927 - 1959
Tommy Steele Blue Plaque - "Bermondsey Boy" Tommy Steele 1975