Christopher Wren Grey Plaque Photo

Christopher Wren grey plaque - The church of St Dunstan in the East stood on this site from ancient times. Sir Christopher Wren rebuilt the church after the Great Fire of 1666 and the only part of his design which survivies is the tower. The remainder of the church was rebuilt in 1817 and destroyed by enemy action in 1941. This garden was created by the Corporation of London and opened by the RT. Hon. The Lord Mayor Sir Peter Studd. on 21st June 1971.

Christopher Wren Grey Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

G. P. O. Film Unit Blue Plaque - G. P. O. Film Unit later Crown Film Unit pioneers of documentary film making had their studios here 1933-1943
Edward Meryon Green Plaque - Edward Meryon MD FRCP 1807-1880 first described muscular dystrophy lived here 1846-1880
Yvonne Fletcher Red Plaque - Here fell WPC Yvonne Fletcher 17th April 1984