Trinity House Blue Plaque Photo

Trinity House blue plaque - The Trinity House incorporated by Charter by Henry VIII in 1514  Trinity House is the general lighthouse authority for England, Wales and the Channel Islands  A deep sea pilotage authority and also administers charitable funds mostly connected with seafarers  The first Tinity House was at Deptford and then at Ratcliff and Stepney in the 16th and 17th centuries.  In 1660 Trinity House moved to Water Lane, off Eastcheap, the building being destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666 and subseque

Trinity House Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Thomas Hardy Black Plaque - Admiral Thomas Hardy  05 April 1769 - 20 September 1839    Hardy was born on 5th April 1769 in Portisham, Dorset.  He first entered the navy in 1781 on board the brig, HMS Helena.  He remained with the ship for a short period after which, in 1782,  he left the navy to attend school for three years. He joined the merchant  navy for some years and in 1790, decided to rejoin the Royal Navy. His  first appointment as midshipman was with HMS Hebe. He was later transferred  to the sloop, HMS Tisphone,
William Holman-Hunt Blue Plaque - Near this site William Holman Hunt OM Artist Was Born 2nd April 1827
Tamara Karsavina Blue Plaque - Tamara Karsavina 1885-1978 ballerina lived here