Queens Head, London Brass Plaque Photo

Queens Head, London brass plaque - The Queens Head dates from 1738 - taking its original name from Queen Street, now known as Denman Street, named in 1862 in honour of the Lord Chief Justice who was born in this street.  During the 1840's the pub traded as the couriers club, operating as both a wine and brandy dealer and coal merchant in 1928, greatly reduced in size, it became part of the Piccadilly Theatre and today continues to share this site with its grand neighbour

Queens Head, London Brass Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Jane Austen Green Plaque - Jane Austen 1775-1817 Novelist stayed here 1813-1814
Wat Tyler Grey Plaque - On the 13th June 1381, the Palace of the Savoy was burned and destroyed by rebels under the leadership of Wat Tyler. The building of the first section of the new modern Palace of the Savoy was begun in 1889
William Morris And Edward Lloyd Blue Plaque - William Morris 1834-1896 lived here 1848-1856. Edward Lloyd Publisher lived here 1857-1885