The Who Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Essex Street, Nicholas Barbon, Orlando Bridgeman, Henry Fielding, And 2 Other - Essex Street was laid out in the grounds of Essex House by Nicholas Barbon in 1675. Among many famous lawyers who lived here were Sir Orlando Bridgeman c.1606-1674 Lord Keeper, Henry Fielding 1707-1754 novelist and Brass Crosby 1725-1793 Lord Mayor of London. James Savage 1779-1852 architect had his office here. Prince Charles Edward Stuart stayed at a house in the street in 1750. Rev Theophilus Lindsey 1723-1808 Unitarian Minister founded Essex Street Chapel here in 1774. Dr. Samuel Johnson est
Beaverbrook Foundation And Max Aitken Blue Plaque - A building of historic significance William & Mary period c1690-1700 grade II listed former home of the Beaverbrook Foundation, established by Lord Beaverbrook 1879-1964.
Blue Plaque № 9156 - In this old King's Arms Tavern the Ancient Order of Druids was revived 28th November 1781. This commemorative plaque was placed here on the 150th anniversary by the A. O. D.