Hillingdon House And Hillingdon Hall, London Blue Plaque Photo

Hillingdon House and Hillingdon Hall, London blue plaque - The Soldiers Return name came from the days when soldiers would return to the nearby RAF base to convalesce after active service.  RAF Uxbridge occupies the former estate and grounds of the historic Hillingdon House and has an important connection with Britain's air defence during the World War II.  The original Hillingdon House is thought to have been built in 1617 and was rebuilt in 1717 by the last Duke of Schonberg.  Prior to 1717, the estate had been identified as belonging partly to the ma

Hillingdon House And Hillingdon Hall, London Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

John Richard Green Blue Plaque - John Richard Green 1837-1883 Historian lived in a house on this site 1869-76
Thomas Gainsborough Blue Plaque - Thomas Gainsborough 1727-1788 artist lived here
Charles Holden Brown Plaque - Chiswick Park station  Listed as a building of National Significance  Architect: Charles Holden, 1933  The station first opened on 1 July 1879 by the Metroploitan District Railway when the railway was extended from Turnham Green to Ealing Broadway.  The station was originally named 'Acton Green' and was renamed to 'Chiswick Park' on 1 March 1910.  The original station was demolished in 1931 to accommodate the new Piccadilly line tracks, although the Piccadilly line has never served this station,