Annie Besant Blue Plaque Photo

Annie Besant blue plaque - Hanbury Hall Built 1719 as a French Huguenot Church. Used by La Patente Church 1740 onwards. John Wesley preached here. 1787 it became a German Lutheran Church. Used by the Baptists then the United Free Methodists. Charles Dickens gave public readings here. 1887 Christ Church bought the building as its Church Hall. 1888 Annie Besant and Eleanor Marx-Aveling held the matchstick girls strike meetings here which helped to establish the British Trade Unions. Throughout its life this hall has served

Annie Besant Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Coppice Row Turnpike Green Plaque - Coppice Row Turnpike stood near here c1750-1830
Arthur Wellesley Stone Plaque - This Horse Block was erected by desire of the Duke of Wellington. 1830
Worshipful Company Of Broderers Hall Blue Plaque - Site of the Worshipful Company of Broderers Hall 1515 to 1940