Bronze Plaque № 42546 Photo

Bronze plaque № 42546 - The marks [+] placed on each side of this tablet indicate the position of an archway which for upwards of 130 years, from the first year of the reign of King Edward VI AD 1547 - until the year 1680 was the principal access to the House of Commons. which sat under a grant from that Monarch within the Chapel of St Stephen. Members approaching the House of Commons through this archway passed down the Cloister, which is built against the other side of this wall, ascended a flight of steps leading fr

Bronze Plaque № 42546 Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Walter Clopton Wingfield Blue Plaque - Major Walter Clopton Wingfield 1833-1912 father of lawn tennis lived here
Collins Music Hall Blue Plaque - Collins Music Hall was here from 1862-1958
Frederick Salmon Blue Plaque - Site of St Mark's Hospital founded by Frederick Salmon 1835