James Brydges Brown Plaque Photo

James Brydges brown plaque - 'Canons' gate pillars  Entrance gate piers to 'Canons' from Old Turnpike Road  Built in 1712 for James Brydges 1673-1744, 1st Duke of Chandos. House demolished 1740 and existing buildings constructed from salvaged materials. Piers refurbished 1998.

James Brydges Brown Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Edward Adrian Wilson Blue Plaque - Edward Adrian Wilson 1872-1912 Antarctic explorer and naturalist lived here
Jacob Epstein Blue Plaque - The house of Sir Jacob Epstein Sculptor lived and died here 1929-1959
Samuel Johnson Brown Plaque - Dr. Samuel Johnson author lived here b. 1709 d. 1784