John Beard And William Ewart Blue Plaque Photo

John Beard and William Ewart blue plaque - John Beard (c.1717-1791), singer and William Ewart (1798-1869), promoter of public libraries, lived here.

John Beard And William Ewart Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Jessica Tandy Brown Plaque - Jessica Tandy 1909-1994 Actress and star of Driving Miss Daisy was born here
Old Slaughters Coffee House And Royal Society For The Protection Of Animals Green Plaque - Site of Old Slaughters Coffee House where on 16th June 1824 was formed the society now known as RSPCA
White Plaque № 11180 - West Ham Parish Boundary Stone. 31 W.H.P. WHP 1775 1864 1850.  The dates on this stone show the years in which the boundary was confirmed. It was numbered 31 in 1864, but no longer marks any boundary. Parish boundary markers were beaten in an annual ceremony called The Beating of the Bounds. Parish boundaries were significant because welfare payments, burials and medical treatment for poor people used to be provided by the parish in which they were born.