James South And Thomas Cawley Blue Plaque Photo

James South and Thomas Cawley blue plaque - Observatory Gardens derives its names from the observatory that Sir James South the astronomer built here in 1831 and which contained for a time the largest telescope in the world. After the astronomer's death the site was sold to Thomas Cawley who built the existing houses in the 1880s

James South And Thomas Cawley Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Richard Blue Plaque - The Peter Manisty  Award For Excellence  Presented By  HRH The Duke Of Gloucester GCVO  For  Liverpool Street Station   Revival  1992
John Henry Newman Blue Plaque - In a house near this spot John Henry, Cardinal Newman was born 21st February 1801
Ernest George Brushed Metal Plaque - Sir Ernest George (1839–1922) architect lived here