William Barber Brown Plaque Photo

William Barber brown plaque - This building, designed by Ernest George & Peto, was built for Judge William Barber of Barrow Point House as a temperance tavern in 1878. Its tea - garden attracted visitors from London. It flourished until the late 1920s as Ye Cocoa Tree, then became the local Conservative club until the 1960s.

William Barber Brown Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Black Plaque № 49155 - Bag o' Nails
James Yearsley Green Plaque - Dr James Yearsley, MD, MRCS, LRCP, 1805-1869 founded the Metropolitan Ear Institute here in 1838
Church Path, Mortlake Yellow Plaque - Church Path  This path forms part of an Old Straight Track from the village of Sheen to Mortlake church.  It was used for walking funerals until the 19th century when the railway cut across it.