Robert Dudley And Alienation Office Stone Plaque Photo

Robert Dudley and Alienation Office stone plaque - In 1577 The Alienation Office was built here by Robert Dudley Earl of Leicester Master of the Office. His building was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666. It was rebuilt by the Crown in 1668. In 1835 the Office was abolished by the Act 5 and 6 Will. IV. Cap. 82. In 1842 the building was bought from the Crown by the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple. The brick front as been renewed but otherwise this is the building of 1668.

Robert Dudley And Alienation Office Stone Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Richard Challoner Brown Plaque - Bishop Richard Challoner 1691–1781 Vicar-Apostolic of the London district Died here
Edward Lear Green Plaque - From 1859-1865 the poet, painter and traveller Edward Lear 1812 - 1888 made a house on this site his London home and studio. Lear Bicentenary 2012
St. Martin Orgar, London Blue Plaque - Site of St. Martin Orgar Church