Joseph Priestley Brown Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Clerks Well Stone Plaque - AD 1800. William Round, Joseph Bird, church wardens.      For the better accommodation of the Neighbourhood this Pump was removed to the Spot where it now stands. The spring by which it is supplied is situated four feet eastward and round it as History informs us the Parish Clerks of London in remote Ages annually performed sacred Plays that custom caused it to be denominated Clerks Well and from which this Parish derived its Name. The water was greatly esteemed by the Prior and Brethren of the
Charles Holden Brown Plaque - Sudbury Hill station   Listed as a building of National Significance   Architect: Adams, Holden & Pearson Partners, 1932  The original station opened on 28 June 1903 on the Metropolitan District Railway extension from Ealing Common to South Harrow.  It was rebuilt in preparation of the transfer of services to the Piccadilly line on 4 July 1932.  This new extension was, together with the existing tracks back to Acton Town, the first experimental section of the Underground’s surface lines to be el
Edward Turner Blue Plaque - Edward Turner 1901-1973 engineer and designer of Triumph motorcycles, the Ariel Square Four and the Daimler V8 engine. Lived and worked here in the early 1920s.