The Beatles And Edward Elgar Blue Plaque Photo

The Beatles and Edward Elgar blue plaque - 363 Oxford Street  July 1921 - April 2000  HMV  Site of the original HMV store  Opened by Sir Edward Elgar in July 1921, the  HMV store shaped the way people bought music  for nearly a century    In 1962 it played a significant role in the career of The Beatles. A 78RPM demo disc  of the band was cut in the store's recording  studio. This led to the Beatles' long-term  recording contract with EMI    The world's most famous music store

The Beatles And Edward Elgar Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Heinrich Heine Black Plaque - Heinrich Heine German poet and essayist (1799-1856) lived here 1827
Walter Williams And Mary Beauclerc Brown Plaque - Pinner House. Possibly 17th Century with facade completed 1721. The home,   1788-1811, of the Rev. Walter Williams, Vicar of Pinner, and his wife, Mary   Beauclerc, Great Grand Daughter of Charles II and Nell Gwynn.
William Lilly Green Plaque - William Lilly  (1602 - 1681)  Master Astrologer  Lived in a house   on this site