David Pitt Green Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

De Hems, London Bronze Plaque - De Hems was built in 1890 and originally called 'The Macclesfield'.  In the same year a retired Dutch sea captain called De Hem purchased the pub and reinvented it as an oyster bar.  He covered the interior walls of the building with them.  All 300,00 shells that had been collected were later transferred to the restaurant upstairs, which became known as the shell room.  During World War II the pub became a rendezvous point for the Dutch resistance.  The name of the pub was officially changed fro
Henry Pelham Blue Plaque - Henry Pelham c.1695-1754 Prime Minister lived here
William Thomson Blue Plaque - Lord Kelvin 1824-1907 physicist and inventor lived here