John Johnson And Leyton Town Hall Blue Plaque Photo

John Johnson and Leyton Town Hall blue plaque - Leyton Town Hall. Grade II Listed building. Designed by John Johnson in a rich eclectic style after a competition involving over 30 entries. Erected 1894-96 to replace the original public offices now Leyton Library

John Johnson And Leyton Town Hall Blue Plaque Map


Other Blue Plaques in LondonView All Blue Plaques

Cecil Sharp Blue Plaque - Cecil Sharp 1859-1924 collector of English folk songs and dances lived here
St Olave, Silver Street, London Stone Plaque - This was the parish church of St Olave, Silver Street destroyed by the dreadfvll fire in the year 1666
Black Plaque № 30190 - The Glaziers Hall. The land in this area formed part of the site of the cloisters of the Church of St Mary Ouverie, now Southwark Cathedral. After the dissolution of the monasteries in 1540 it was sold and eventually bought by the Hays Wharf Company who built a three-storey warehouse here during the Napoleonic wars. A Georgian facade was added in 1830 and two more floors. The building was leased to the "Glaziers Company" in 1975. After careful restoration in 1977, it became the home of the Worsh